Sunday, December 30, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Next you have other plans to start thinking about.

The biggest decision I think you have to make is "how much do you want to spend."

Are the families going to help? Are you guys going at this alone?

Even if you are on a tight budget, you can still make it special. Find deals, have people help with the cake, food or even the invitations. Look on lists like Craigs list or Ebay for second hand things that you can use for your wedding.

My first wedding was HUGH!!!! BUT it was on a budget. My mother made me my dress. My mother-in-law made most if not all of the food. We had the wedding and reception at this pavillion where one of my husband to be friends owned it. I also had a friend who made the flowers and decorations at cost as a gift to me. A club that my husbands family knew donated all the liquor for us. Whatever was consumed was our gift from them. Also had a friend took pictures (which I found out later on that he was drunker than a skunk and couldn't focus very well). Also all of those were shot. BUT we still had our friends take pictures which still made up a very nice album. I think the cake was the only thing that we bought straight out. I think cost at the time $150 maybe at the time.

All this for over 200 people in the middle of Feburary! Which with the cost of everyones help only still cost me about $200....everyone else paid for everything else and came together real nice.

If I can do it YOU can do it.

The biggest thing is ASK YOUR FRIENDS who they know and what they can help with. You will be so surprised on things you will find out.

My second wedding was even cheaper....but then again we just bought rings and went to a courthouse to get married.

Now.....I'm planning my step daughters wedding. Who will be getting married July the 7th. And I can't wait. Still on a limited budget. The wedding was less than two months from when she was asked. But still I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as she is.

Just remember....ask people for help. Don't be afraid. If you know of someone that takes pictures but not professionally but you have seen thier work and the pictures you have seen are just as nice, ask them to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment